Owner and Head Trainer.
Following a lifelong passion for helping people reach their fitness goals, Sia has deftly transitioned from personal trainer to gym owner and is now the owner and head trainer at Melbourne Strength & Conditioning. Her diverse background and studies over the years have provided her with a practical understanding of the biomechanics of the body, while her Psychology Degree has given insight into the mechanics of human motivation. Sia has sorted the truths from the fallacies in regard to the type of training and diet that is ideal for both athletes and those wanting to be the best versions of themselves. In fact, the main reason Sia continues to be passionate about, and thrive within the fitness industry, is because she loves nothing more than being part of her client’s journey toward achieving their personal best.
Having gone through the physical and emotional rollercoaster that is pregnancy and raising young children, Sia has a passion for helping turn ordinary Clark Kent’s and Diana Prince’s into Supermen and Wonder Women (yes, she’s a superhero nerd). Sia has a strong background in Strength & Conditioning, weight loss, sport-specific and martial arts training, and understands that sometimes life can get in the way of training, but training should never get in the way of life. Sia considers herself to be a holistic trainer, therefore believes that success in both fitness and life goals requires mental focus and hard work.
To round off her developmental skill set, Sia is currently completing a Masters in Counselling and Psychotherapy. In short, she has all the necessary tools to help you become the best version of yourself.
Qualifications and studies:
- Certificate 3 & 4 in Fitness
- Bachelor of Psychology
- Advanced Postural Analysis & Applied Exercise Prescription
- Advanced Personal Training Certificate (Effective Movement Training)
- Diploma Functional Performance
- Level 1 Kettlebell training
- Functional Anatomy For Fitness Professionals
- Advances for Functional Training in Sports
- Advanced Bodyweight Training
- Precision Nutrition Level 1 Cert
- Science of Nutrition Certificate
- Certificate in Pre and Post Pregnancy training
- Proud mum of 2 children